Every day Instagram is used by many people. Instagram has more than one billion active monthly users across the globe. The demographics of Instagram give marketers/businesses a great way to acquire to know the audiences behind the number. If you are new to Instagram, Insights into demographics should tell your Instagram advertising/marketing strategy. You can also utilize the demographics of Instagram to compare your present followers and followers you would like to reach, whether via Instagram ads or organic marketing.
Learn about the gender, age, location, and other demographics of Instagram so that you can create your marketing content and strategy for your target audience.
GENERAL DEMOGRAPHICS OF INSTAGRAM
- 1.2B (billion) – according to SEMrush in 2010, the total count of unique users that were active on the platform
- 500M – as of 2019, the total number of users that view stories on Instagram every day.
- 1.16B – as of 2020, the possible users reach for Instagram advertisers
- 90M – as of 2018, each month, the total number of users who vale on Instagram product tags
- As of the year 2018, 9 out of 10 users on the Instagram platform follow an Instagram business account.
- 2.54B – as of quarter 3 of 2020, the total number of active daily users using at least one of the family applications of Facebook
- $25.5 – in 2019, the mean revenue per users for family applications of Facebook
- 3% – as of 2020, the total edge of error Facebook estimates is present in metrics of Family.
Less than 3 out of 10 Americans know that Facebook owns Whatsapp and Instagram. People who use Instagram platforms are among the more likely to be active on other social media platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. A recent report of users aged between 16 and 4 finds that almost half of the users of the Instagram platform users are also using the TikTok platform.
25 to 34 years old people represent the largest advertising users on Instagram, followed by 18 to 24 years old people. The younger the user on Instagram, the more likely they are to use the platform multiple/many times per day. And most people use automatic Instagram likes monthly services to make their brand successful. The below statistics will show you the percentage of users who log in multiple times per day by age group:
- 67%: 18 to 24 years old age
- 60%: 25 to 34 years old age
- 49%: 35 to 44 years old age
- 43%: 45 to 54 years old age
- 31%: 55 to years old age
- 37% of the U.S> adults use Instagram
- Only 8 percent of U>S> adults over the age of 65 use this platform, compared with 11 percent for LinkedIn and 46 percent for Facebook.
- Forty-three percent of U.S. women use Instagram, compared with men 31 percent.
- The Instagram platform is most popular with 51 percent of Hispanic adults, followed by 40 percent of black and 33 percent of white adults.
- The majority of Instagram users live in the U.S.: 46 percent in urban areas, followed by 35 percent in suburban areas, and 21 percent in rural areas.
- 43 percent of the adults in the U.S. are college students, while 37 percent have some college and 33 percent may or may not finished their high school
- 6 in 10 users on Instagram use the social media platform every day
- India was one of the 1st markets to test the Reels tab and Instagram Reels.
- India was also one of the 1st countries where the platform launched the Live feature, where up to 4 users can go live together.
- India is the biggest market for users for Whatsapp and Facebook.
- Career-focused influencers, finance, education, and food receive more engagement.
- 2 in 5 songs shared globally on Reels video are from an artist of India